Saturday, November 12, 2016

Snippet 10 of 10

“So how is she doing for real?”

“Far better than all of you thought she would. In fact she has taught me things I didn’t know. You had nothing to worry about.”

“Jack you know that we care about you. That’s all. The FBI has never had an official Witch before so I along with Madeleine was worried for you. Her Magick can be unpredictable at times.” Anastasia and Jack were in her private quarters at the rear of the large forensics truck.

“She saved my ass when we had to go Underhill. How is it I don’t remember the Fae? As much as I’ve seen there must have been at least one case concerning them. Right?”

Anastasia folded her hands in front of her face. “There has been Jack. More than a dozen actually. The higher ups know but you always seem to forget. They instruct my team to sanitize the records each time you forget what happened. Security concerns is what they have always said in the past. I’m happy you remember this time.”

“Over a dozen? For real?” He held his head in his hands moaning.

Anastasia let out a held breath. “Every time. What would they do without me?” The words were spoken so quietly that only a Vampire or another Were could have heard it.

“Jack look at me please.” He looked up and stared at her.

“Watch my eyes and listen to my voice.” She captured his eyes and pushed her thoughts and will into his brain. Only an Elder could do this if someone caught her the hidden secrets would be up. But Jack was one of her oldest friends and she loved him.

“You will only remember what you liked about the visit to the Fae. If something about the experience or what I just said upsets you, you will forget it and only think happy things. Do you understand?”

“I understand. Happy thoughts.”

She was about to release him but stopped. He had never remembered the Fae before. “Jack, did anything strange or unusual happen during the trip?”

“One-eyed man. How did the guide turn into the one-eyed man? Why were there giant crows everywhere? Crows and bad things in the snow.”

“Jack you will forget everything that harms you. Understand? You will forget the one-eyed man. Forget.” She concentrated on his head and slowly wiped the information from his brain.

Shaking his head after a moment Jack smiled and looked at Anastasia. “I zoned out there for a moment. What were we talking about?”

“You were telling me about the fish pond your wife is putting in at your house.” Anastasia only half listened to her old friend. All she could think of was the one-eyed man. Why was he interfering on this plane? It had to be the girl but what did it mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment