Friday, March 18, 2016

As Promised here is a snippet from Book 4 - Revolutionary due late April

Of course it's a Wilson story.  Enjoy :


As I keyed in my room code I could  hear the music. There was a rhythmic thumping emanating from my quarters. As the door opened I was greeted by flashing red lights and waves of color and sound.  “Wilson! Wilson! What in the hell are you doing in here!” I yelled at him. Wilson was in my head, as he was a computer AI. Me just yelling made me feel more effective. Moving across the floor before me doing a bump and grind, were my two prototype droids. Wilson had set up disco lights using all parts and equipment he found here and there.

“Hey, is that my new control panel for engineering? We have been looking all over for that thing! “ The panel in question had become a strobe light and was painting the room with red and white flashes. Now the droids were spinning in circles to the music and waving their repair arms in the air. I reached over the panel of lights and threw the main power switch. Everything died. Even the emergency lights, they had been subverted and were now spotlights. Using the flashlight that I keep by the door I lit up the room. The droids had stopped moving and were now ‘watching’ me. “Wilson, get out of those droids and talk to me, right now!”

“You know that you are no fun right?” Wilson was back in my head.

“What the hell Wilson? Disco in my quarters?” This was not the first time he had done this. “I don’t care if you listen to music or whatever it is you are doing…. “, but please don’t take parts and equipment from engineering. I had my crew searching every trash compartment on the ship looking for that panel.” I pointed at the now dark control panel. “Do you know what the inside of a trash compacter looks like?” I shined my light into the mirror so he could see out my eyes. “If you ever, and I mean EVER steal a component from engineering again, I will lock you in a box and toss you into one of those! UNDERSTAND!”

“Yes, Athena. Sorry.” He was using his little boy voice.

He just makes me feel bad when he did this. Not falling for it this time. “Wilson, use a bigger voice please."

No comments:

Post a Comment