Friday, July 1, 2016

Here is a Snippet from the New Book to Start the Month off right!

Enjoy!


I laughed at her expression. “The obstacle course is out out window over there.” I pointed. “It’s an athletic challenge. They use it for Special Operations. To qualify you have to run it in less than fifteen minutes. My best time so far is an hour.”

“I saw that when I prowled the school. We have to run that thing? For real?”

I laughed at her again. “I’ll help you out. I’ve spent all summer running it. CSM Yannos let me stay here rather than with my family.”

“Don’t you like your family?”

“I love my family but they are in the middle of planting season and I would just be in the way over there. Plus they gave my room away to my second cousin. His parents were killed in the Farmers Union Day Massacre.”

“Sorry about your cousin. We watched the vids of that. Horrific, really.” She looked at the expression on my face and said. “Is there a bug on me or something?”

“No bug. You talk very strange did you know that? I don’t mean the New Texas accent either. Sometimes you sound like someone from New London.”

She nodded and looked down at the floor. “I have a fondness for Old Earth Vids. For some reason there is a large collection of the early science fiction vids in our Capital City Library. I’ve seen them all more than once. The Doctor is my favorite.”

“Who is your favorite?”

“Exactly! You’ve seen them?”

“Who are you talking about?”

“You’ve got it. Who!”

“Who, who. What the hell are we talking about?”

“Who of course.”

We continued like this for several minutes before she burst out laughing and explained by showing me some black and white Vid episodes. That night we sat up half the night watching ancient British Vids and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment